Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Everything I've read on em says they're in a seven (or so) year up and down cycle... a couple years ago, you couldn't spit in the desert without hitting a jack... now you gotta look a little harder in some places... could be the cycle. I'm not noticing as many but financially, I can't afford to go as far as I used to so that may have something to do with it also. This last trip was the first one in quite a while for me chasing rabbits...

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
The area I like to go has been way down on rabbit's this year....last year was probably the best I had seen for a quite a few years...
Of course, this year, we've seen a lot more hunter's. Seems like everybody either has a rattle gun or 100 round clips....or both.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Oh no....don't do that....I was think'in of getting me another one.... :)

How about one with a 3-shot burst.... I would like that !!! *\-\* *\-\*

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
This year down south during elk season while driving from the hotel to/from hunting areas I must have, over a three week period, ran over 200 jacks on the highway. My best was hitting three in under one second with the 35" tires. 8)

I haven't noticed a 'decline' out west while spending days on end out there this fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts