Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Random Observation

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  taxidermist 
#1 ·
Anybody else noticed how recipes have gone from something simple to a Dicksenian novel in the last ten years? I'm not short on words myself but .... WTF? I'm tired of scrolling through 2000 words to figure out how many tablespoons of cumin I need.

Rant over. I think this may be discussed in the Book of Revelations anyways. More zombies and 5G please.

#3 ·
I hate the back story associated with online recipes.

Just show me a pic, ingredients and directions with a rating from people who’ve made it.

#5 ·
I found that with some recipes that some way they have blocked just printing off the recipe and give you all the rest of the junk. But I found a way around it.

Print the recipe to a PDF file on your computer then when you print it to a paper copy you can select the page that you want.

If you haven't done this and have a Windows based operating system just select print, then in the printer window where it has your printer select Microsoft Print To PDF and then save it to your computer.

#7 ·
Thanks for the link, Packout.

I normally agree on accepting the minor inconvenience of free recipes. I just hit a silly wall last night; it was an easy recipe but my I needed to check something every 20 or so minutes so my browser kept refreshing. Truly a first world problem I can accept.

That looks great though.

#8 ·
Alfredo Sauce...…. 1C. heavy cream, 1/2C. Butter, 1-1/2C. Crated Parmesan, 1/2T. Garlic Powder, 1T. Italian Seasoning.

Melt butter in sauce pan on medium heat, add cream, garlic, Italian seasoning. Whisk together for 2 minutes. Add Parmesan and whisk for 5 minutes. Drizzle over grilled chicken strips and pasta of your choice.

Enjoy and when finished eating, get a big bowl of vanilla ice-cream with chocolate syrup and P-nut butter mixed in. Go to bed, wake up early and hit the lake or woods. Don't forget the fishing pole, or weapon!!! Most important part of the recipe!

#13 ·
I like when they put a skip to recipe button. Not that I don't appreciate how the recipe brings them back to their childhood, or the time the went studying abroad, and if I had time I might read their story. But since I don't, I'm either using that button, or I'm wearing our my mouse wheel scrolling down to the information I'm actually there to see.

#14 ·
I've "winged" it a lot!! Problem I find when I do that, I make something that's just out of this world good and because I didn't write down what I did, I play hell trying to duplicate it.:mad:

I "winged" a chocolate cake mix once, it was great, the family loved it. Now, I don't know how much of what I put in the mix and have failed trying to duplicate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.