Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever see a corn field that stretches from one range road to another that's covered in geese? It was a first for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good photos tomorrow.
Sky Aircraft Bird Vehicle Plain

Bird Sky Beak Animal migration Grassland

Bird Sky Animal migration Bird migration Flock

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I miss those range roads!

Hopefully they're not on Roy's?
Nope, not even close. The guy led us over to the field to show us the birds, and asked us if it was okay. Then said the field is ours for the week. Awesome.

Reactions: wyogoob

· Registered
585 Posts
I'm way overdue for another trip back to Canada. I've only been once, and it was about 13 years ago. I'd love to get back there sooner than later.

Good luck. Although it doesn't look like you'll need luck. Maybe I should just say be safe and shoot straight! I look forward to the pictures.

· Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
951 Posts
Yes, I've had those days. and they are glorious. You just hope that your field is that field because it can get tough to pull other birds onto your field when it's being hit that heavy. Great pictures.

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesterday was brutal, 12F with 20MPH winds gusting to 40MPH, with a resulting ground blizzard. We had set up where they had been day before, but they went to the opposite part of the field.

Today was better, less wind but clear skies. NW wind had us looking straight into the sun, which really sucks. Also, sunny skies and skittish lessers are a tough combination. We managed our birds, but once again my shooting was fair to poor. Hey, the sun was in my eyes.

Looking into the sun also makes photography tough, so I didn't get much. I managed the attached photo, though, and I like it quite a bit:
Bird Sky Cloud Animal migration Wing
t.

· Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
951 Posts
Where are you? Still a bunch of lessers around is interesting. They're usually some of the first to go south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts