Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Rate this Buck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS BUCK? 1 BEING THE WORST 10 BEING THE BEST.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My good friend just killed his twin brother this morning. I'm sure that he'll post some photo's here soon.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Good mass with good deep forks.... I'd imagine he'll score quite well so I gave him an 8. True, there are bigger out there but thats a real beauty.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I'm with Riverrat77 on this one and will rate him an 8. This is a nice buck, nice typical, deep forks and decent mass and he also has some nice eyegaurds. It looks to me like this buck was still fairly young by looking at his face. Some hunters will probably never bag a buck this nice. I have killed two bucks that are pretty close to the size of this one, but not quite as big. Maybe this will be the year..........

sawsman

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
A good buck, I rated him a 5. On a general area with archery gear, I would have to think about launching a muzzy tipped Gold Tip at him.

PRO

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a great buck. I would shoot him if I saw him. He has great deep forks. Nice eye gaurds. Looks slightly taller than wider, wich height is usually hard to find with width. The only reason that I did not rate him higher is that I think that he is not at his peak. He needs another couple of years. Plus if he is not taken he will be able to pass on his genes, wich look pretty good. 2-3 more years and this buck would be better than a 10.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I think it just depends if I was hunting public land or if I had a limited entry tag

·
Registered
218 Posts
This guy is a solid seven. Not a monster but one stud of a buck! Im thinkin your gonna have to get in the 180 bracket to start getting eights and nines, just because its so many little things alot of great just don't have before they start scoring really well. And he would have to be ungodly to get a ten out of me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts