Administrator
21,399 Posts
What a dumb thing to do.

Reactions: Packfish

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd have to get way to close. I wonder if Workman's Comp. covers snake bites received during horseplay.

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
They say in the article that they used a marker can stick, with these you can be 3+ feet away to paint it. A little too close for some but not close enough for others.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Painting over the only venomous snake in the country that has the decency to let you know when you're treading too close. Talk about low-lifes. I can't count on both hands how many times that I'm glad I ran into a rattlesnake instead of a copperhead or water moccasin. Particularly the latter.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
And they painted the snakes eyes making it temporarily blind(until it sheds)which makes it more dangerous.If I was out walking and seen a pink snake,I would have to remind myself that I already quit drinking.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am sorry, but I have no fondness in my heart for rattle snakes. When I was 16 I was bitten by one while quail hunting. Lucky for me that the fangs got tangled up in my boots laces and never actually broke my skin. When I saw the critter wrapping up around my leg while trying to get away, I nearly shot my foot off. Bad scene. Was able to kick my foot and get it off. Then the .12 gauge talked. I still have the rattle from that snake. Had to walk back to the truck with just a sock on. The boot had venom on it and I was worried about it getting on my foot. A park ranger came along and gave me a ride after I had gone a ways.

Since it says its illegal to kill them in Utah, I guess I would not, but my normal reaction is to eliminate the danger. Some years along the Snake River here in Washington, I wonder how the dogs ever get through a chucker season alive. And yes, they taste good. Have not ate a lot of them but have ate some.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
What a dumb thing to do.

Yeah seriously I mean what the heck ever possessed that rattler to paint itself pink...must have been a rebellious rattler.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Having a hard time thinking any bird of prey would think a pink rattler was dinner. :der:This article is too funny. A lot of fuss over a pink snake. It's lucky the construction worker didn't take a shovel to the head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts