Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You take some nice photos Walt! That turkey reminds me alot of the 4 turkey's I ran into at the family christmas party this year. I've been debating applying for a turkey tag recently, but I hear they taste bad. Is that true?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That turkey shot was done in Huntsville. We were coming back down from Causey toward the Ogden cayon and I had my camera and wanted to get some shots of that old saloon "downtown". Too many cars outside and went around the corner and I saw one of them and then there was a whole herd of them. The were roosting in some guys tree eating apples and I had a time trying to get close to them and get a good shot. The one I posted was probally the best of the lot. If you were the home ower that had the tree in your yard I bet you could walk out on the front porch and club a few for dinner if you were so inclined... :twisted:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nice pictures waltny. I love the Huntsville area. One of my favorite area's in Utah. You catch that fish on a fly rod? :wink: Glad you were able to get out. I haven't been able to for a couple weeks now. Starting to get cabin fever.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RnF said:
Nice pictures waltny. I love the Huntsville area. One of my favorite area's in Utah. You catch that fish on a fly rod? :wink: Glad you were able to get out. I haven't been able to for a couple weeks now. Starting to get cabin fever.
Thanks for the pic comments.
No I still am an "O fer" with the fly rod, I reverted back to the spinner and caught this guy up around Croydon. I got a few others that day but not of the same size. He is bigger than he looks in the pics and he was rolling like a eel as I fought him, pretty cool. As the spring rolls around I still would like to hit up the MP with you if the offer is still on the table.

·
Registered
980 Posts
waltny said:
RnF said:
Thanks for the pic comments.
No I still am an "O fer" with the fly rod, I reverted back to the spinner and caught this guy up around Croydon. I got a few others that day but not of the same size. He is bigger than he looks in the pics and he was rolling like a eel as I fought him, pretty cool. As the spring rolls around I still would like to hit up the MP with you if the offer is still on the table.
Of course. I maybe be going up there on Sunday depending how cold it is. I don't like to fish if it's below 20. You are welcome to come along if I go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts