Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has recommendations on guides/outfitters who run antlerless elk hunts in Utah?

I had a great time last season with one outfitter shop but they closed down and prices of some of them are wild this year. $5k for an elk hunt is more than I can afford!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would recommend yourself....... I know everyone has their own circumstances, issues, whatever. But there is no way I would ever pay for a guide to take me on an antlerless hunt. That's just me. To each there own.
FYI, today is the last day to put in for the Utah antlerless draw. If you haven't already, put in and start building points. 10$ per species to apply Plus tag cost when you draw. Maybe you'll get lucky and draw this year. Then put in a little time and DIY. A lot cheaper than 5G's and a hell of a lot more satisfying.
If you don't have one yet get a bow and buy and archery elk tag. Even if you had to buy a complete brand new setup plus the tag you'd still be cheaper than 5G's, by a lot. Plus there's places to hunt on that tag for almost 5 months.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lonnie Billeter 801-718-4238. He does a LOT of antlerless hunts in the Chalk Creek area. He has leases on a bunch of properties. Not many guys in the entire world nicer than Lonnie....if any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts