1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
7,869 Posts
I read this story yesterday. I cant say I am surprised after seeing how many new shooters have come to the market in the last year or so.

I dont like to shoot near strangers anymore and wont take people shooting that dont own their own firearms anymore. Had too many close calls for comfort.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
From the article:
He pulled the hammer back, which is what needs to be done in order to turn the cylinder so he could load it,” Schlosser said. “He went back too far but didn’t realize he’d done that. So he let the hammer go forward, which discharged a round, and his friend who was in front of him was struck in the back.”
“She was done shooting and was going to clean the gun and was in the process of getting ready to, when there was a live round still in the gun, which went off and struck her hand.”
Id break down the idiocy contained therein, but i'd be preaching to the choir.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'll be honest, the 3 Peaks range has always had dangerous behavior since I was first introduced to the location. I haven't been out there in a few years now. The place has a ton of safe, talented shooters but there is just enough crazy behavior to drive me away. I'm guessing its common without anybody onsite to keep an eye on users. But the last straw for me was seeing a young teenager playing with some type of AR platform like it was a toy with absolutely no muzzle safety in mind. All this happened with their father looking on with no concern or correction/education.

Stay safe out there folks. With your own choices as well as situational awareness of what those around you are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts