Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
This actually brings up something I was wondering, does anybody know why the urban goose zone closes in the middle of the season?

·
Registered
612 Posts
This actually brings up something I was wondering, does anybody know why the urban goose zone closes in the middle of the season?
So you can hunt them later in the season when they move back to the marsh preparing for mating season. It's a good thing.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Seen some guys shoot at geese today at OB
I hope they missed.

I talked to a guy in the parking lot at Harold Crane last year who was headed out after them during the closed season. I told him it was closed and he seemed to receive it well. Later that day, I saw someone shooting at them (hopefully not the same guy).

I think it's probably one of the most commonly ignored/broken laws in Utah waterfowl hunting.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple of years ago I saw a guy riding his bike down the dike proudly displaying a goose on his handlebars. I stopped him and asked how he did, he was excited to tell me he shot his first goose. I informed him the season was closed, then I handed him a guidebook. These mistakes are avoidable if people would take time to read the regulations. I see guys blazing away on geese every year when it is closed for the split.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Urban

You cant fix stupid. I was at public shooting G by where the handicap are now this was 24 years ago so it was swan hunters neck to neck on the dike shooting swan as they would fly over the road and this guy with cali plates told me it was as good of snow goose hunting as back home he had a small pile of swan next to him lucky for the swans there was a fish cop driving in when I was leaving and I told him what was happening I hope they arrested this guy after all these years I still cant believe that it happened. Sad sad sad :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts