Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife said she couldn't understand my first sentence so-------. I corrected the slang. :) After voting, couldn't stand the thought of the fishies and duckies being out there calling to me on the Web. :lol Got on the river about noon. Made a bad, bad mistake though. :( I left my camera home. :oops: Anyways, did my sneak and got a couple of mallards again with Sparky just going crazy yipping oh boy, oh boy, another river retrieve. Love it.!!!! Did the same thing, went back to the truck and stashed em and came back with my fly rod. Did a repeat performance, only better!!!!! Still had a biggy break me off but I did manage a nice un among several other biggies. Now here's the glitch. Remember my post on the other rainbow a few days ago? Ya all were really impressed, right? Well,---------- add 3 in. to that pic. and the same "fatty" dimensions and what do ya have? Had to be 5-6 #s. right? Anyways, no camera and I released that gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous fish to give me a tussel another time. A tussel it was, I must have been on the reel fighting her/him for a good 10 min. Now the bad news, no camera. :evil: I know, I won't get nearly the response without a pic. but I got it in my "old geezer" memory bank and will write it in my notes. One good thing though, without the pic. taking, she/he was released even with less stress. Gaaaaud, her/his back was broad, broad, broad. Question - he/she had a mild hook jaw. Is that any indication of sex? Anyways, brought a few back for my grand son and me to eat up. The brown I brought back for him was 18 in. The one I lost? Who knows? 35 in.? :lol: :lol: Probably about 20 - 21?? Left at about 5 pm.
Leaky

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Nice Leaky.... I'd say with a hook jaw that you caught the male counterpart or bookend mate to your big hen. But.... I don't know that for sure. What I do know for sure is that you have one hell of a honey hole. So... about Saturday...are you game? Wendy's bachelorette party is this weekend, so I've pretty much been given a kitchen pass.... I can't afford to go hunt during the week but miss my good fishing spots and am thinking about taking out the rod for a little exercise... pics included of course and possibly some home video. 8)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good to me, Let's do the e-mail thing and set up a time and place to met up.
Leaky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts