Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the rules were about residency if you moved after drawing your tag? Are you required to return your tag? I'm asking because even though I'm a resident right now I am contemplating a move to Idaho later this year. And was wondering what would happen if I drew a tag and then moved.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Without reading, i believe the rule is 6 months prior, not after. so if you draw a tag and then move you had established residency prior to the draw. But i would do the research, and that does not mean calling the UDWR, some of the help desk people are very educated, others can lead you astray. And if an agent of the UDWR leads you astray they have no liablity the written rule is all you should follow. And i would not deviate from the letter of the UDWR law, The UDWR can find gray areas in the rules when it applies to them, but when it comes to the hunting public the letter of the law is all that will be enforced. They are like any local, state,federal run agency very hypocritical. alot of the non res hunters saw this side of them after the storm. :x

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
I would think you could still use your Utah permit, as long as you don't "claim residency" to any other state.

For instance, when you move to Idaho, if you still want to use your Utah tag you better buy an out-of-state Idaho tag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts