Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would post this comment and a word of caution to any one hunting out of a boat--- please swing wide and slow down if your running the river and you come upon someone that has their boat beached on the banks----- i know it was not intentional but this morning i had to dig my boat out of the river because someone came ripping by and their wake washed over the stern of my boat and sunk it. I walked back to check my boat and all i had was the rope still on shore needless to say by brand new hyperdrive is going to need alot of work to get it back in hunting condition. l know that i probably need to put the boat in better spot so that it is less prone to this but come on. today was a very frustrating day it took me about 4 hours to hike out and get to my truck and get it towed out out.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
That sucks, but a boat owner can prevent it from happening by tying off to a solid anchor point and letting there boat float freely in the water. But you are right, their are idiots out running boats on the waters of Utah. They could had at least slowed down when they saw your boat or stopped and offered you a ride after sinking your boat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fowl Habits,
Where were you? I wasn't out, but it is good to let others know so that they will recognize if it was them. There are some super inconsiderate people out there. I missed my first and last shot at a goose this season cause someone on Utah lake decided to shoot coots off the top of the water a few spots down rather than letting a huge flock come in, but that's the breaks.
POUW

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bummer!

Retarded crap like that happens everywhere! I have had boats go through my dekes at full throttle and then say "nice spread", idiots setting up 50 yards from me when the whole lake/pond is free, shooting towards me, Shooting my dekes once, etc. The only cure is to go farther away from the idiots! Hunting with UTARDS is what I call it.

Idiots are not only associated with the hunting scene. The waterways in Utah are some of the worst! I can be on the lake and and wake boarders and skiers have to buzz me when I am trolling. Have been cut off from others when trolling and have literally had my boat hit in the marina by a jet skier. "Sorry Dude!" was his reply, then he goosed his throttle and was gone! For a fun time, go to Pineview on any Saturday during the summer! That will surely get any boaters blood boiling. I wont even fish it unless during a weekday.

There are responsible individuals out there enjoying the Utah outdoors....but there are a lot of irresponsible idiots to go onlong with it.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
That sucks sorry to hear that. Yea there some people think there bader then other because they got the faster boats.Glad you got it out. Now you will have all summer to work on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts