Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talk about a horrible ice fishing day! We fished from 0730-1430 and didn't even see a single fish on the flasher.. We moved multiple times and tried different baits,, fished from 10 feet to 32 feet, nothing helped at all. I spoke with a couple other groups fishing around us and they were seeing similar success. They did say that every few hours a random single fish would swim through and very lightly bump a line but other than that it was just sitting on ice. between 2 of us fishing our 2 lines each, not a single bite in 7 hours. I didn't see a single fish landed nor talked to anyone who had landed a fish. If that is "good" fishing (as stated on the DNR website then I'll eat my hat! http://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/ )

Gee

ETA- There was a solid 10+ inches of ice everywhere we drilled and plenty of Razors and Rangers on the lake but we did watch a 4 wheeler with a plow & carrying 2 people right on the edge broke through and dropped 2 wheels through the soft edge. Luckily another atv with a winch came and pulled them right out without to much trouble.

·
Lost Member
106 Posts
I went out the same day and didn't have much better luck. Did see alot of fish on the fish finder, but only had a single bite and that was a 12" bow that i was able to land. Other than that, very slow. Others around saw about the same success. Did hear some other reports from people saying they were catching alot, but not sure if I believe or not. Oh well, a day out on the ice is better than a day sitting at home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was there the same day. Very slow from 7am to noon. Like the others said not a fish on the finder. From 12:00 to 1:15 we caught 6 fish. They kept coming in schools about every 8-10 minutes. Had to leave at 1:30 just as it was getting good!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was also there not catching fish. 3 hits jigging and my jawjacker when off once, none of which produced any fish. Should have gone to strawberry

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Good ole Rockport, Fished it last Fall.. HORRIBLE! the year before HORRIBLE! Now 3 years ago wife and I hammered em. Good fish up to 3 lbs.. Does the DWR dump any in there during last 2 years?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fished Rockport 1-24-16 from 2pm to 4:30 pm. Not a bite. Tent on one side caught a 22 inch right before I got there and then only one more less than 10 by the time I left. Another guy was fishing shallow near shore and got one about 10 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts