Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to report that the ice party was a greas success.
Everyone there found all the ice that they wanted! :D

Fishing was a different story.
I don't know if our large group of people, all fishing around each other had anything to do with it or not, but at least it makes for a good excuse.

It was great to meet many of our forum members today.
What a great group of folks!

Thanks to everyone that made it up today.
I had a very good time even it the bite was off.
I guess I was spoiled with the perch fishing of 3 years ago at the Rock.

Grandpa D.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Re: Rockport UWF Ice Party Report.

It was a great day, action or not. The bite was so light that most of the time I didn't even notice. A few seemed to have the "hot hand", if you could call it that.

I recall seeing Grandpa D catch a few here and there. Fatbass did a little better than many. The perch were pretty small and the biggest I saw was about 8 or 9 inches long and round.

I managed to ice one perch shortly after my hole was drilled. It was bigger than a lot of the perch I saw and it's air bladder was sticking way out of its mouth. Guess I'll have a snack later. :lol:

It was really great to meet everyone there. A good group of people.

Here are a few pictures that I took. I know someone else was snapping photos from time to time, too. I hope the people in these pics don't mind:

This is just a few of us, but there were really quite a bit more people abroad:

Here's the man responsible for getting everyone together:

My morning coffee and the subsequent beverages really went through me out there, what can I say?

:rotfl:
How's that for toilet humor?

Thanks for setting up our little gathering, Grandpa D. I'm grateful that I got to meet these trouble makers.

Happy Fishing, Humans!

(edit: I exceeded my photobucket account's banwidth for the month and had to go to my backup account.)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sorry I didnt make it out there this morning. Things going on made it so I couldnt come. I did take my wife and kids to east canyon this after noon though, that was nice. The sun was brutal on my face, Im burned. Anyway, sounds like yall had a blast wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Looks like it was a good time. Wish I could have made it there, but then I would have to feel guilty about catching all the fish. :p Fatbass, I hope you brought enough whiskey for everyone this time. :wink:

Why does it seem like most of the ice fishing reports this year are of slow fishing days? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the ice hasn't been as kind this year.

Patiently awaiting spring time now. My wife was acting strange the other day and wanted me to buy a float tube. Don't know what that was about, but I wasn't going to waste the opportunity. Hopefully there are some other tubers out there waiting for some spring time bass action!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOAH, now I really wish that K2muskie would have come over and picked up the coffee that .45 brought up for her.
I'm sure that she would have been a lot more discrete about how she discarded it.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Looked like a great time. Congrats to the "first UWN Ice Party" !!! Way to put it together G-Pa D. --\O -*|*- -*|*- -*|*- -*|*-

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Grandpa D said:
LOAH, now I really wish that K2muskie would have come over and picked up the coffee that .45 brought up for her.
I'm sure that she would have been a lot more discrete about how she discarded it.
Doing that legibly was much harder than you may think. :lol:

I was thinking about doing a cursive "lordofallhumans", but I would've needed a couple more coffees.

Anybody else take pictures?
_________________________________________________________________________________
Right before it was light out, I was almost to the dam (from 80) and everyone on the road stopped while a herd of elk hopped a fence and crossed the road. About 200 yds later, a herd of deer did the same thing. I took 2 pics of the elk, but they didn't turn out at all.

·
Registered
599 Posts
LOAH said:
Grandpa D said:
Doing that legibly was much harder than you may think. :lol:

I was thinking about doing a cursive "lordofallhumans", but I would've needed a couple more coffees.

Anybody else take pictures?
_________________________________________________________________________________
Right before it was light out, I was almost to the dam (from 80) and everyone on the road stopped while a herd of elk hopped a fence and crossed the road. About 200 yds later, a herd of deer did the same thing. I took 2 pics of the elk, but they didn't turn out at all.
I was going to ask how you did that in long hand capitals. Pinching it must sting. Never mind I dont wanna know.

·
Registered
599 Posts
fixed blade said:
I always follow Lloyd Christmas rule of "I can't stop once I start it stings". :D
Yes I agree, and it doesnt matter who barges into the bathroom. MOM! :oops:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks Grandpa D for putting this together. It was great. Good to meet everyone else that was there.
The coffee order wasn't too bad especially after Fatbass added to it.

LOAH that picture is priceless.

Looking forward to the next one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
FatBass, I was thinking the same thing.

Thank you Grandpa D, and and the rest of you that joined the fish outing today. I have pictures, but I slept till it was time to come back to work. Ill be sure to post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Looks like a good group out there! Too bad you guys didnt knock em dead but its always good to see friendly faces and meet new people! LOAH im quite impressed with your pee-cture! Hope to join the next one we have!

G

·
Adolescent amusement aside, looks like it was a good experience for everyone. Too bad the fishing wasn't better. I wanted to come up but my son did not get home from his friend's birthday party until 1:00 so we just hit the pump house at Utah Lake. The kids had lots of fun catching bluegills. Hope you guys decide to do another one of these and we can plan it a little more in advance so I can make sure I don't miss it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts