Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted farmington bay yesterday with my dad. It was Ruddy heaven. I bagged four and my dad bagged four. Of those I had three Ruddys and my dad had two. Aren't Ruddys supposed to be early migrators and has anyone else seen a lot of them or any other divers?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
They come in early but they seem to like to stay until Freeze up.

·
Registered
599 Posts
bugleboy said:
huntducksordietrying said:
In my experience they move with the shovelers.
What!? :idea:
Not all of us are as smart (smart ass) as you. I said "in my experience they move with the shovelers". Im sure you know so **** much about ducks you could tell us what a hens ass taste like. When I have shot ruddies I have shot shovelers, this is my experience. I didnt write a thesis on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think what Sean is trying to say is that comparing ruddy ducks and shovlers is like comparing apples and oranges. They really don't have anything in common...except water.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sprigz said:
I think what Sean is trying to say is that comparing ruddy ducks and shovlers is like comparing apples and oranges. They really don't have anything in common...except water.
Thanks,

I'm not trying to be a smart ass...I just wanted further explanation to which your comment didn't make any sense to me. I don't know everything about Ruddy Ducks, heck I shot my first one this year. I would maybe compare them to Buffleheads, migratory wise?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have hunted Farmington Bay for almost 31 years. Ruddy ducks are in FB all season long. They are available hunt from youth hunt to the last day. My kids love to shoot ruddy's on the ****. And you have to admit they are a fun target as they are typically low flying and have an erratic wing beat.

My kids love to eat them as well. I know this may make some of you nauseaus thinking about it - but they like their more strong flavored meat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts