Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the term, since that what they are. But it’s not common to hear, for sure.

I’ve lived in places where they most often were called partridge, and saying “roughed grouse“ would get a stare or comment. But that’s what they are, roughed grouse.

Speaking of which, last elk archery I saw about 60 roughed grouse and about 10 blue or mountain grouse. This year, same area hunted, 2 roughed and 1 mountain grouse.

·
Administrator
10,509 Posts
Speaking of which, last elk archery I saw about 60 roughed grouse and about 10 blue or mountain grouse. This year, same area hunted, 2 roughed and 1 mountain grouse.
Remember now they are no longer blues or mountain grouse they are dusky grouse

·
Administrator
10,509 Posts
What am I missing? Another thread below up from a simple difference in common names?
I've got no idea, it was his first post, and his second post is right below it.

Unless he has another user name and is trolling us.

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
I have three string trimmers.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The bot wars have now consumed Sibley. Granted that was probably a better comment for an NPR forum than a hunting one.

I wonder if some bored Russian is curious to see if he can divide America by creating fights over bird names? The history books of the future are sure going to be interesting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will have to admit I do drink quite a bit. (Diet Shasta Cola) I said what I said and I am sticking to it! You can like it or lump it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts