Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hunter/Friend
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find the right Bipod Attachment for my Ruger American (Model 26973) and NOT break the bank. Not something I have done before, this will be the first rifle I have done this to. I would love some direction! Everything is online, so it's hard to know how it'll fit. Any tips would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Most bipod attachments just attach to the front sling swivel mount and are fairly secure.

If you really have any questions head down to a sporting goods store that has some mounts and talk to them. I even had them mount up a couple of different bipods when I was looking on rifles that were in the store before I decided on what one that I wanted to go with.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
I'll say one more thing about bipods, and I've owned a few: If its not a Harris, you are throwing $$$ away.

-DallanC

·
Registered
812 Posts
Harris makes a great bipod no doubt... I just decided to try something different, and so far I am really liking it. I picked up the Swagger bipod system which is detachable. Works great for sitting on a ridge, meadow, etc. This set up extends out to 42". For me this is great as I am 6'7". The nice part is that you take it off until you are ready to set up. If you wanted something lightweight, I would recommend that set-up since you take it on and off with a button. If you want something that stays on, I would get the Harris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts