Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have eyeballed this little gun for a while and had some Christmas money to spend, so I picked one up at Get Some Guns & Ammo. I have to say for what it is I am really happy to have this little pocket gun. It is easily concealable, lightweight and comfortable to carry.

When I got it home my wife was looking it over, she liked it so much she went and bought one too. We had a chance to go shoot them Friday night and we both really like the guns a lot. We shot distances from 5 to 7 yards and consistently hit marks. There's not much for sights on these little guns, but we were able to easily hit targets at close range. For the price ($199) they can't be beat.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
What version is it? Does it have the enhanced sights or the original low profile sights? I have one of the originals and was thinking about upgrading. I painted my front post with orange paint, that helped ALOT. I have the laser version but its too hard to see in bright light.

I know its tempting to keep that tiny thing tiny... but you will really love it if you put a grip on it, I went with this and it made a dramatic difference:

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Handall-Hybrid-Ruger-Sleeve/dp/B015ZLB1LA

Oh and I tried a few different cases... and the one I stuck with ironically was the cheapest of all (paid $12 on sale), Ace Case:

https://acecase.com/pocket-holster-nylon-small-autos-2-snub-revolvers.html

I'm considering upgrading to some Wolf springs, 11# or 13#

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both original 2nd generations with low sights. We have looked at the Hogue grips and I am getting black and she is getting pink. I picked up a Bianchi leather pocket holster for mine already.

I watched some youtube videos with trigger upgrades, but I'm not looking to get fancy with this little pocket gun.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
This is what I mean by sight differences, original vs new. There are also internal differences in trigger LOP and other things.

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention the cheap Perfecta ammo you get at Wally World shoots really good also.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got the Hogue grips on them....wow! what a difference that makes. I am really liking these small pocket guns, and I find myself carrying more than I ever have before.

·
Registered
581 Posts
A mouse gun like a 380 is good for 2 things --

- as a backup for your regular pistol, or

- for a lady.

Because they are so small the extended mag's are very nice with them so that you can get a full grip with your whole hand on these.

I am trying to get my sister to get interested in one of these, and if she does I will get her one in pink with an extended mag on it.

I'll also get her a leather purse with a shoulder strap and a special zipper compartment on the end of it for the gun.

My personal view is that all ladies should be armed with their own 380 -- in pink if they so desire.

Here is the Sig version of the extended 380 mag:

http://store.sigsauer.com/p238-7rd-380-acp-magazine-sig-sauer.html

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A mouse gun like a 380 is good for 2 things --

- as a backup for your regular pistol, or

- for a lady.

Because they are so small the extended mag's are very nice with them so that you can get a full grip with your whole hand on these.

I am trying to get my sister to get interested in one of these, and if she does I will get her one in pink with an extended mag on it.

I'll also get her a leather purse with a shoulder strap and a special zipper compartment on the end of it for the gun.

My personal view is that all ladies should be armed with their own 380 -- in pink if they so desire.
So if a lady shoots your a$$ with a .380 it will do more damage than if a guy shoots the same .380? I don't think so.....

·
Administrator
21,352 Posts
I think Karl means "moose gun, not "mouse" gun.

Hey, this thread reminds me of the guy (from SLC) on the snowmobile that used a .380 to shoot and kill a moose (in Wyoming) that got in his way on the snowmobile trail.

Boy, that was my favorite thread for like forever.

Reactions: Fowlmouth

·
Registered
581 Posts
My 300 RUM is a "moose gun" actually.

A moose gun is a good thing -- it will kill anything in North America.

Moose gun vs. mouse gun.

If you don't need a backup pistol then you don't need a mouse gun.

Unless you are female -- then a mouse gun is better than nothing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think Karl means "moose gun, not "mouse" gun.

Hey, this thread reminds me of the guy (from SLC) on the snowmobile that used a .380 to shoot and killed a moose (in Wyoming) that got in his way on the snowmobile trail.

Boy, that was my favorite thread for like forever.

This was my favorite thread...for this post of Goob's. Now it's not.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Does this have the striker fired trigger? I had eyeballed those for a while, but the triggers were sooooo bad, I just couldnt stand the 1" trigger pull. I ended up with the LC9S and really like it. Fits nicely in the pocket and provides 7+1 with the pinkie piece on the mag. Very pleasant to shoot for a pocket pistol.

·
758 Posts
My 300 RUM is a "moose gun" actually.

A moose gun is a good thing -- it will kill anything in North America.

Moose gun vs. mouse gun.

If you don't need a backup pistol then you don't need a mouse gun.

Unless you are female -- then a mouse gun is better than nothing.
I bet a woman could kill a moose with a 380 or even a 22 mag.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts