Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa won't be coming to my house. I've been a good boy but he's afraid I'd stick an arrow in one of his reindeer. (He knows me pretty good by now.)

So looking to get myself something for Xmas, two semi-autos have caught my attention - Ruger’s .45 ACP P90 and Springfield's XD .45 ACP service pistol. Aside from clip capacity, (10 rounds in the Ruger and 14 in the Springfield), I'm not seeing much difference between the two. I can get the Ruger for almost $100 less, so I'm thinking that's the way to go. Make sense, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Re: Ruger or Springfield

The Springfield XD series (9's, 40's and 45's) is probably the hottest selling handgun in the U.S. right now and has been for quite awhile. Made in Croatia and imported by Springfield. Great guns at a fairly reasonable price. Check Ray Saunders over on KSL.com , he sells them new at as cheap as I have seen and he's a good guy to deal with. If it were me, I'd buy the Springfield XD. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Finn...did you happen to look at the Sig Sauer Cabela's has for 379.00 ? That seems like a good price, they are good guns aren't they?

It's called a Mosquito Target, what cal. is that?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've seen the Sig, but I've heard a lot of bad reports about them...jams, missfires, etc. I'm a revolver guy and have never owned a semi-auto before, so I'm looking to stay with manufacturers I trust.

The Sig Mosquito is a .22, I believe. Their .45 acp is a lot more money.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
I had a Sig. Pro 2340, what a pile of doo doo. Always wanted a Sig. 220 but could'nt find a used one worth the darn. Worked at Pro Arms and went through a few Pollce trade ins/ buybacks. Never found an accurate one.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
I had a Sig. Pro 2340, what a pile of doo doo. Always wanted a Sig. 220 but could'nt find a used one worth the darn. Worked at Pro Arms and went through a few Pollce trade ins/ buybacks. Never found an accurate one.
Mmmmmmm.. :shock: I thought they would be a better product !! They sure have been proud of them with there high prices... :?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Well I just picked up a XD 9 a couple of weeks ago and I love it, I used to have a Ruger and while its a good firearm I prefer the feel of the XD plus the trigger is better on it than my Ruger. I know you are looking at the XD45 but both the 45 and 9 feel the same to me in my hand. I'd get the XD over the Ruger. IMO

I saw a XD 45 on KSL if you don't mind buying used.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have owned a P90 .45 and i loved it for plinking. I think I loved the round more than the gun. I have shot the XD's as well and if I was buying anothe i would go with the XD. Better feel and function than the ruger.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the Ruger, but I sure like my XD 45.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Absolutely buy the XD45 over the Ruger. Lighter, easier to take apart, better single-pull-weight-and-reach trigger. Higher mag capacity than Hillary can stand :lol:
Better ergonomics. There is a real reason the XD45 was Handgun Of The Year and the chunky Ruger never was. That $100 price difference will disappear in resale value - after all - you can get a Hi-Point .45 for how much less than a Ruger? (To illustrate the point).

For more XD45 info try the XDTalk forum: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I do appreciate it. But I bought the Ruger P345 yesterday and I'm more than happy with it. Sweet shooting gun. After all was said and done, it was the feel of the gun in my hand that made my decision. (I've got really big simian-type hands.)

Frisco, I think you're talking about the old Ruger when you say "chunky". The P345 is actually slimmer than the Springfield.

Anyway, here's a pic. Not a very good pic, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ruger or XD, doesnt matter as long as it feels good to you.

Is it just me me or does that picture say take me shooting? I love seeing a new gun sitting in its case. Just makes me wanna go burn some powder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts