Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted near grouse creek on the 17th.This is the 5th year I hunted this area and I did not find 1 bird where I have found hundreds in the past and only found one flock of 12 to 15 birds. I doubled when they rose so I filled both tags.The thing I was wondering is if anybodyelse experienced the same thing on their hunt.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pilots -- same result, minus the flock of 12-15 birds. We saw 3-4 singles, too far away to shoot (well, we slung some lead at one...it was just a wish). We shot the only dove we saw. We also saw a few chukars...again too far away to shoot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Numbers are down in West Box Elder likely due to drought. So what you end up doing is hunting adult birds that don't want to hold well.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies.I feel better that I am not alone in my experience.After I shot the grouse I went and looked for chukars but all I found was 2 guzzlers both of which held water but only one had any signs of birds ie feathers and poop but that one also had a rattlesnake gaurding it but he is not there any longer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We got checked by a fish cop on Sat. He said he hadn't checked anyone with a bird all week. PRAY for snow! :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts