Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has been doing any hunting towards the north was thinking of heading that way this weekend??

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I went pheasant hunting there this morning (should have limited with the 5 birds I flushed but couldn't shoot straight-O,- ). Lots of mallards and pintails all over the place up there.

·
1,669 Posts
Any weather and they are a good place to be.

I do like public a little bit more until it freezes up.

Public is the Wigeon capital of Utah, I have been out there and only heard wigeon whistles the whole day.

Public would be a great place to throw out an all coot spread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking for a decent spot to take my friend out tomorrow it's his first time hunting ducks and doesn't have waders, anybody know where I could get him some shooting in and not be in the water? Also not being surrounded by dike hunters?

·
1,669 Posts
Looking for a decent spot to take my friend out tomorrow it's his first time hunting ducks and doesn't have waders, anybody know where I could get him some shooting in and not be in the water? Also not being surrounded by dike hunters?
Waterfowl hunting without waders?

I presume that you have a set of waders.

I would say jump shoot a river, but the pheasant hunters will be out in full force.

I think you'll have to basically hunt off of a dike, which is not bad. You'll have to hoof it to get away from people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts