Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me how well you can get around in a boat out at Salt Creek. I just got a boat and am looking forward to getting away from the dikes a little bit.

I don't have a mud-buddy type motor. Is it deep enough to get around a little bit with a small outboard? I am going to check it out, but thought I would post the question first.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
you can proubly get out enought way from the dikes. im not shure how the water is doing. You might have to tealt the motor some to go out back. good luck.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I don't know of any areas on it that an outboard would be effective, the channel in from the northeast side is shallow in most spots and you would most likely stop up the water pump and burn up your motor. On the south the open water areas are really shallow and you will end up pushing or poling your rig. I churn mud most of the time when running Salt Creek with my long tail. The water level gets lower as the year goes on.

If you want an area to run your outboard try Culter, you can access more areas with an outboard up there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hunt Salt creek probably more than most and i will tell you it is not a outboard spot, water in most all areas of Salty is measured in inches not feet ,also it is very thick mudd, over the years i have seen a couple of outboards burned up in old salty, even the 4 stroke air cooled briggs just dont do well out there, hope this helps and good luck on hunting 08.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts