Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drew the San Juan abajo unit General deer. It is The south east part of Utah. It encompasses montecello and blanding? For archery does anyone have any pointers? I live in salt lake so I will prob only have like 2 scout trips the month prior but I want to invest that time in an area that will be most beneficial. Send a PM so we don't broadcast the info on the www.

Not looking for a handout. I will be hiking and glassing on my scout trips but a general region to start would be helpful.

Congrats to everyone that drew out :)

Screenshot_2015-05-19-20-01-30-1.png

·
Registered
169 Posts
Some really good people down there. Go to the maverick in monticello and ask someone to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My suggestion would be to get on google earth and overlay the hunt map and do some electronic scouting. The last time I hunted this area I did my home work on google earth and the day before the hunt we found a bachelor group of 20 bucks with several that were in the 140-160 range with one that was 180's. Unfortunately we weren't able to connect with any of them. Shoot me a PM and ask me some questions if you would like. Hopefully this helps. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts