Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody doing any good on the Sanpete extended hunt so far? I've been told of one haystack bull being taken, but nothing on public ground. I also hear the elk are down low, (or did he say low down?) but not low enough to be inside the boundary.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You heard right. There are a few tip toeing into some of the private ground, but not enough to get excited about. I have only seen 3 bulls total and they were on the wrong side of the highway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My buddy got this guy a couple weeks ago on the Sanpete Extended hunt on public land after 2 hour stalk in the snow. Not a bad bull for the extended hunt. Too bad his G2 on the left side is broken off. G2 was the longest tine on the right side at about 19 1/2". They gross scored him at about 340.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
pickaspot said:
My buddy got this guy a couple weeks ago on the Sanpete Extended hunt on public land after 2 hour stalk in the snow. Not a bad bull for the extended hunt. Too bad his G2 on the left side is broken off. G2 was the longest tine on the right side at about 19 1/2". They gross scored him at about 340.

I don't see a picture(s) of the elk. :?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Congrats, awesome bull

1 - 6 of 6 Posts