Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the lake today with a couple of friends. The ducks were working well. You are going to have to believe me on this - I did not shoot a single shoveler. I was going for 7 drake GW. However, ended up dropping one hen. Maybe next week. I need the shovelers to color up a bit more, then I can go for a perfect limit of 7 drake shovelers :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Nice Spooner, good job. Love those teal.... looks like the goldeneyes came by to join the party too. I hope you get your drake spoonie to put on the wall... they sure are worthy of it the later the season goes on. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice pic spooner, thanks for making me jealous!! i need to stop listening to my buddy for trying to go after those elusive greenheads! spoonies have just as nice as a green head! no more mallard chasing for me this year!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice, looks like fun!

When you get that perfectly colored spoonie, ask the taxidermist if he can switch the head with a mallard :mrgreen:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like you did good even if I scared all the birds away for you. Not much water left out there. Went back out today and found where the birds are hiding, not many airboaters out today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts