Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this evening I stopped by a friend's house to have him level and bore sight my new Zeiss scope, as we opened the back door to his patio this buck and fawn were there to greet us. Must have something to do with having a couple apple trees and a big garden that attracts them because it happens quite often. If I hadn't gotten closer to take a picture he likely would have stayed there all night.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is a helluva deer hanging around town. I think I may start dumping apples in my backyard!
I just hope he doesn't get hit, that would wreck most vehicles. It was odd to see the fawn clinging to the buck, my buddy thinks the doe was killed and the fawn is staying alongside the buck hoping to survive.

And I know you were kidding, but in Bountiful it's a pretty hefty fine if they can prove you intentionally baited deer to come into your yard. There used to be a guy just west of Orchard and about 1900 south who fed and watered deer all the time and caused several accidents from the deer always crossing the road, needless to say he almost ended up in jail because he kept refusing to stop.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You get that new Zeiss sighted in yet?
Should be in the morning if I don't wake up coughing and sneezing like crazy the way I have been all week from the smoke. We worked up a ballistics chart tonight that I need to condense, but it would put me out to 400 yards comfortably, I do not intend to take a longer shot than that with my current setup.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nice urban deer. I have some choppy video of one of the biggest non-typicals I have ever seen, taken just last night. Unfortunately it was taken on a Utah military installation that does not currently allow hunting. My guess is a 190 frame with 60 inches of extras, insane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts