Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out Ice fishing for the first time and can't decide on Scofeild or Vernon, Sounds like scofield is pretty good except for the slush, any one been to Vernon? First time back ice fishing in 3 years, (to busy) but this year I am committed to everyother weekend! Hard water fishing is my favorite. Any tips on whats bringing the action at Scofield, I am dying to land a Tiger,

·
Registered
952 Posts
What day you going out? Me and a few others will be at Scofield this Saturday. I would recommend there! But I have never fished Vernon so I cant help ya with that one. Good luck wherever you go.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I am not even sure vernon has safe ice yet, so scofield would win by default. Let me know if you hear any reports about safe ice on vernon I would like to try that place through the ice.

·
Registered
952 Posts
FishGlyph said:
GG88, hope you all have a great time out to Scofield. Sounds like it's gonna be some gud fun! :D
Thanks Glyph! We will be sure to post up a report.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THanks for the invite, we are heading up Friday, i will post when I get home and let you know what the big ones are hitting, :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
VINTAGE said:
THanks for the invite, we are heading up Friday, i will post when I get home and let you know what the big ones are hitting, :D
We will be anxiously waitin for that report! 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well , Just got back from scofeild this morning, first trip out in 3 years and it was a total bust, Fished just around from the **** and NOTHING, 2 of us fish from 7:00 a.m.to 2 pm with no bites. Saw very few fish on my underwater camera at all, what is up with that, They must have smelled my fishing buddy or something, I have never been skunked at Scofield before. Tried all sorts of different lures, different depths, nothing, we fished in the 12-18 ft depth, the slush was terrible, 8-10 of slushy water over 6" of ice. It was 4 degrees this morning and got colder as the day went on. I couldn't understand why the slush wasn't freezing. I seen a few guys bring in a few fish around us but the action was all but hot, I guess its not good to fish after a storm, I don't know, I was really disapointed, WAS IT JUST ME OR WHAT! Good luck to everyone else, let me know what I did wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts