Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We arrived at the lake at first light, (still snowing) and cruised around past the **** and heaeded out on the lake, It was 4 degrees when we left the truck, The ice was a mess, 8-10 of slush over 6" of ice, We set up in about 18 ft of water, dropped the camera down and nothing! we moved about every 30 minutes trying to find the fish, no hits all day from 7am-2pm, I was dumbfounded by the lack of fish, Maybe 2-3 fish every 1/2 hr or so was all I would see on the camera, we tried all the different baits, tipped with worm, wax worms, everthing, we tried different colors, different depths, Nothing, I don't know if it was the location we chose or what but it was terrible, It was one of my old traditional spots that usually produce, but not today, First time ever I have been skunked at Scofeild, Any suggestions? I want to go back next week but I need some help! I thought they raised the limit because there were so many fish in the lake, My camera did not lie, there was very few where we were, we covered about 500 yds along the east bank by the trailers. What do think my problem was.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Was the slush throughout the entire lake? Did you ever find any ice without slush? How much snow on top? Sorry you had a bust thats alot of work for no fish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was pretty much everywere I saw, with the fresh snow on the ice you couldn't tell untill you walked across it, It was just a frustrating day, I could be happy if I was seeing fish on the camera and cathing them, but there was just no fish, or very few, What has everyone elses experience been, are the fish just bunched up, I never did find any good structure on the bottom and the few fish we did see seemed to be crusing fast, I have fished with my camera for years and I can tell when fish will feed, these fish we did see were on the move!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
So what your saying is fishing sucked, I can only hope the gents that I am going with know the honey holes or it sounds like I am in for a long cold day. I won't feel so dorky now wearing my neo's out to fish in, sounds like I will need them!

·
Registered
311 Posts
We were there thismorning as well, on the rock shoarline. We saw similar results on the camera, and were able to land 4 fish (the only ones we hooked).. Very slow day, and very cold. Thank goodness for ice shacks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts