Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out on Scofield for a couple hours today. I wanted to get out earlier but, I lost the battle this morning and slept in. I met up with J-bass and got up there around 3. It was pretty freaking cold and bottomed out around 13 degrees. It felt like one of those days my line kept on snagging, getting tangled, my fingers were so cold it was hard to tie knots and ice kept forming on the tip eyelet of my pole screwing up my retrieval. It was pretty slow, but I still had fun! I threw out some minnows on one pole (didn't get any bites on the minnows) and was using some spinners and lucky crafts on the other. I only ended up catching a freaking pig (j/k, see pic) of a Tiger Trout (my first one, and about the same size as the minnows I was using) on a spinner.

J-bass was able to pull in a couple good size Tigers. (hope you don't mind that I'm posting your pic)

All in all it was fun, I just wish I could have pulled in a couple bigger ones. J-bass is a stud (thanks for coming out bro)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Wow thats a beauty of a tiger you landed there goose, wall worthy id say. :wink: Good to see you guys got out, nice tiger J-bass!

·
Registered
348 Posts
goose said:
J-bass was able to pull in a couple good size Tigers. (hope you don't mind that I'm posting your pic)
All in all it was fun, I just wish I could have pulled in a couple bigger ones. J-bass is a stud (thanks for coming out bro)
I don't mind if you post my picture at all. Now, my modeling agent might be upset, because I think he was planning on using that shot for Vogue or Cosmo, but I don't mind at all! 8) :wink:
It was pretty sweet to get out. I wish you would have hooked into a bigger fish and we gave it a good try, but sometimes it just doesn't go like you plan I guess. We'll have to get back out there and try it again soon.
Thanks to everyone else who responded too. That guy measured in at 18" and he was a beauty! I released him to be caught another day, and hopefully that day is soon.
Oh, here's a picture of a female I caught. She was about 11"-12". It seems that the females fight a whole lot more than the males, but maybe that's just me.[attachment=0:3adlzr2q]female.jpg[/attachment:3adlzr2q]
I was using a white tube jig tipped with a worm. It's an art form, as Goose found out, but once you get it down, you can slay just about anything with those little guys.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Well I do mind the posting of those pics J-bass. Now how am I going to explain this to Teen Cosmo and Seventeen Magazine when it comes time to renew your contract. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I just want to know if you are predicting the future with this 11/25 post date? Don't end my weekend prematurely! Nice job on the tigers the minnow and the monster would have been a good name for the post. Glad to see you guys got out fishing before the hard deck comes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts