Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a trip to Sportsmans Sunday and reading the great fishing report I thought I would brave the weather for a fun filled day of lunkers. Wrong.. I had one bite in 5 hours of fishing. Arrived at 7.00 am fished until 1200. What am I doing wrong?
I tried Scofield a few times this year with little success. Threw everything in the tacklebox. Trolling, bait fishing. Please I need some advice on how to fish Scofield. Any secret weapons to help land some fish.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Welcome aboard.

First of all, where were you fishing? And you say you threw everything in your box...What was in your box?

I know that over by the dam lately, you can pretty much toss anything in the water and it'll get hit.

Powerbait seems to work really well for a lot of people there (not me), but I like using dead minnows. That rarely disappoints.

I hope you have better luck next time. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
That's weird....I haven't heard of to many people getting skunked at Scofield this year.
Were you on shore or a boat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started out with a gold jakes on the way to the island (north side). Once at the isalnd, Fished with a worm and marshmallow combo. Threw pointers, spoons even the old reliable Panther Martin and daredevil. Nothing.. Headed to the dam around 1030. Tried shiners, worms and even some TroutZilla still no fish. Headed back to the boat dock and watched a guy catch a few fish by the docks with a tube jig.

·
Registered
385 Posts
my dad went saturday and got two bites until eleven. he has never had a bad day there and this was his first time getting skunked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts