Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out to Scofield to End The TMF Season Of Fishing Which Runs March-November
and after recent reports of Dynamite Fishing. i thought what a nice way to end this Season Of Fishing.

Arrived at 8:00 a.m. at the second boat dock where we have had lots of success. fished that till 12:00 p.m using PB Thats Worked in the Past. Orange, sherbet,corn yellow,ect i literally threw everything in my Box at em to end the season with a Bang. and in the end. All of our tries at other various spots along scofield proved to be in vain. sorry i didnt have better news for everyone. but it appeared that we werent the only shore anglers that were not having the DYNAMITE Success as Previously Reported.

The TMF Fishing Season #2 Is Now In The Books.

For Those who are interested. Congrats to My Dad who Defeated Me In Our Annual Fishing Competition.
TMF Loggin off

·
Registered
348 Posts
Come on now TMF, I wouldn't give up on Scofield so soon! It has been offering up a lot of fish to even lousy fisherman like myself! I'd go back and stay off the docks. Find rocky areas where the shore dives deeply into the lake, and then cast away! Also, mix it up a little, and try throwing some lures, or tube jigs, or minnows. Plus, the ice can't be more than 3 or 4 weeks away, and then you can start in on that! Who knows, you could beat the old man yet.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fishing at Scofield this fall for me has also proved to be a dud compared to previous years in the fall. I think some of it might have to do with the water levels and the dam, but there's always excuses right? ha ha. Still a good fishery though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOAH said:
Did you try anything besides PB?

Congrats to your dad.
just came prepared to huck PB. it was literally 6:00 a.m until the other family members decided on actually hitting scofield. i think i put too much faith in the Powerbait that i over looked some other great options. a nice lesson in the art of angling i suppose.

i'll pass that on so he can gloat some more. :wink:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J-bass said:
Come on now TMF, I wouldn't give up on Scofield so soon! It has been offering up a lot of fish to even lousy fisherman like myself! I'd go back and stay off the docks. Find rocky areas where the shore dives deeply into the lake, and then cast away! Also, mix it up a little, and try throwing some lures, or tube jigs, or minnows. Plus, the ice can't be more than 3 or 4 weeks away, and then you can start in on that! Who knows, you could beat the old man yet.
i'm not me giving up on scofield but its my family thats giving up on scofield they really hate fishin in the cold weather thats now apon us. and with the holiday season upon us its gonna be very hard to even make it back down.

Minnow's huh. i'll have to try that next season. tube jigs i dont even know how to use those from the shore. do you just cast and retrive those? my old man will never get on the ice. thats where he draws the line there is NO Way he'll go onto the ice all that cracking really makes him nervous. thanks for the other options besides PB. i put those options under secret Plays. lol thanks for the help.

·
Registered
348 Posts
takemefishin said:
tube jigs i dont even know how to use those from the shore. do you just cast and retrive those?
Well for bass it's a whole different story and one I won't get into, because there aint no bass in Scofield anyway. But for trout, I like a nice steady retrieve, with a light jerk, or jig, on my rod, (fishing rod that is, let's keep it clean. :wink: ) I also like to vary my retrieval speed, as that seems to really make a big difference. Sometimes the fish like it slow, and other times they like it surprisingly fast, but the constant is the small jig during the retrieve. A lot of times, they'll take it on the fall, just after you jerk it, but certainly not always. I'll tell ya, I'm surprised more guys don't use tube jigs, because I have literally caught every single species of fish I've ever caught at least a few times on tube jigs, with the sole exception of catfish. They work if you know how and when to use them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts