Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone get out this weekend? We took the airboat out to fb and got about 6 mi out got stuck, drained my battery and broke my thorotle cable :x (some days i miss that hyper drive!) Thanks to 3 very nice boaters we were able to get her going enough to baby her in. We did see a few quackers though, mainly on the lake. The rest pond was already full of birds!!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Thats a bummer man... are those things constantly needing upkeep or something? Glad you had some folks to help ya get back in. Good that you got out and saw some birds too. We'll have to meet up and hunt the Salt on the spot you PMed me about.... get a bunch of teal to take home or something. 8)

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
didnt take the boat out this weekend. but did do some scouting on a couple place and I can say it looking to be a realy good hunt. Proubly wont take the boat out intell next sunday some where.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tealboy - You are supposed to go around that sand bar, not try to go over it :lol:

Have you got your boat fixed yet? i'm ~95% sure that a couple of us are running out of OB on Wed afternoon. Let me know if you want to come and I'll get you the details.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spooner, ha ha, you know me i like getting stuck, at least i didn't put a hole in my boat (jk) :D yes i got her fixed up and she's back to running strong, i actucallly got stuck trying to go up crystal creek that bugger is bad! what time wed are ya heading out wed? i would love to get to know ob better. thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm guessing around 3pm. I can call you on Tues once I know for sure.

It would be nice to have people there with experience to help me when I get stuck! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts