Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a stomper! Is that a GS unit or LE?
Although I've helped dozens of forum members and answered most questions they have about where I've hunted in the past. This is one area I won't talk about. There are a few forum members that know this general location and I've begged them to keep it quit because there's a real poaching problem in this areas and I don't want it exposed it any more than needed.
BTW, it's a general any bull area.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Although I've helped dozens of forum members and answered most questions they have about where I've hunted in the past. This is one area I won't talk about. There are a few forum members that know this general location and I've begged them to keep it quit because there's a real poaching problem in this areas and I don't want it exposed it any more than needed.
BTW, it's a general any bull area.
Oh I get it. Certainly a special place if any bull. Hopefully I can find more places like this. I don’t like asking for spots, but will ask about spots I have my eye on. I certainly appreciate all the questions you have answered for me over the years.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a new spot I'll be hunting this year and I'm really excited to see how it all plays out. I've known about this area for a few years now but it's very hard to hunt because of how thick it is and the wind swirls a lot in this little draw, hollow or cooley. However you want to say it.
There's a big tree across to the north that I'm going to sit in and by doing so, I'll be able to see right over the brush and into these pines the elk are bedded in. Well, that's the plan at this point.
Plant Tree Working animal Natural landscape Terrestrial animal
Plant Plant community Wood Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hot dang - best of luck! You always seem to have quite the list of big bucks and big bulls to chase after!
Here's the best two bucks I saw over the 4th of July weekend. They are in different areas about 2 hours apart.
Which do you like better?
The wide one has a cheater on it's left side that should be about 3" long but the other buck has several more extra but not as wide.
They both had a lot more growing to do.

Plant Elk Deer Natural landscape Wood
Plant Ecoregion Deer Natural landscape Grass
Plant Deer Horn Natural landscape Fawn

1 - 19 of 19 Posts