Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cool pics. I love seeing bull elk. I've been hiking the wasatch for the first time this year scouting for my deer tag and I'm always tempted to just sit and watch the decent Bulls I see while hiking. They're such a distraction to my deer scouting efforts!!!

Just curious and by no means trying to figure out where this is, but is this an any bull unit or limited entry? I'm always curious to know what kind of bulls guys are seeing on the any bull units... Again not trying to steal your area!!!

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good luck to you! I am jealous.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Polarbear,

What Unit are you hunting this year? I have an elk tag for the FishLake unit, Heading out tomorrow im wondering if the Elk ive been watching are starting to shed velvet as well

Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Polarbear,

What Unit are you hunting this year? I have an elk tag for the FishLake unit, Heading out tomorrow im wondering if the Elk ive been watching are starting to shed velvet as well

Thanks
I'm on the Wasatch. Good luck tomorrow. Velvet or not, take some pictures for us.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does it seem like everything is about two weeks early this year? The bulls were rubbing last week and I saw scrub oak already changing colors last weekend. Weather guy on channel 5 says we are a month in advance. Seems like the critters may be too. What do you think?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does it seem like everything is about two weeks early this year? The bulls were rubbing last week and I saw scrub oak already changing colors last weekend. Weather guy on channel 5 says we are a month in advance. Seems like the critters may be too. What do you think?
I've been noticing the scrub oak along the front changing also.. I am hoping this means snow on the muzzy! Makes me wondering if it'll be a long hard winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts