Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just my second vaccine in Farmington. Quick & easy and what a slick operation up there. Just a hint the no paperwork line is a lot shorter. My wife calls it the you screwed it up line. Everything is fine except this twitch in my arm. M y vision is kind a blur y
Knda ceeing double. Whoa thing s is fuzy
I ts getin
Woo zy

Fingers r shakee holy thi nk

I m

Sick

·
Administrator
21,316 Posts
Ha.

Good job

I was sick for a day after my 2nd shot.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I did the one shot a couple of weeks ago.
I never noticed any side effects at all.
Just a sore arm at the shot spot for a few days.
Glad I didn't have to have two .......

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Got my first shot a week ago. Sore arm was all I had. Will be glad to get the 2nd one and have it done next month.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All joking aside I feel great. I'm glad I was able to get the vaccine in such a slick efficient way. I feel lucky to have dodged the covid bullet with the line of work I'm in. And the amount of people I'm around on a daily basis. Best wishes to all!

·
Super Moderator
9,422 Posts
I found with mine was that the fist shot was just a shot, no better no worse. I had a sore arm for a couple of days.

The second shot I also felt fine for the most part. Sore arm and I did feel a little bit tired the day after. But after reading a couple of post on another forum I found that the coldness that I felt Saturday and Sunday night wasn't from me turning off my furnace but chills that are also associated with aftereffects of the vaccine.

But overall it wasn't a bad experience, and I got the Moderna vaccine.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
But overall it wasn't a bad experience, and I got the Moderna vaccine.
That's the one my wife got, and it laid her out about 48 hours after she got it. It was like a one day flu for her I guess. Had a rash that spread out, then slowly dissipated. Everyones different, but from what I've heard, the Moderna one is the worst in terms of side effects. The better of the two major types seems to be Phizer, little to no side effects. Johnson & Johnson has a "one and done" vaccine out. Though it's probably not widely available yet, I dunno.

Haven 't gotten one yet, I really don't care for the Moderna, but it's the one I'll probably end up getting. My wife has said in no uncertain terms I'm getting it. Hard to get an appointment right now, it's like people are sitting on the website looking for openings.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
That's the one my wife got, and it laid her out about 48 hours after she got it. It was like a one day flu for her I guess. Had a rash that spread out, then slowly dissipated. Everyones different, but from what I've heard, the Moderna one is the worst in terms of side effects. The better of the two major types seems to be Phizer, little to no side effects. Johnson & Johnson has a "one and done" vaccine out. Though it's probably not widely available yet, I dunno.

Haven 't gotten one yet, I really don't care for the Moderna, but it's the one I'll probably end up getting. My wife has said in no uncertain terms I'm getting it. Hard to get an appointment right now, it's like people are sitting on the website looking for openings.
The Moderna is the one I got. Like I said just had the first shot, but other than the sore arm had absolutely no side effects. It seems to just depend on the person if they experience any. It will be interesting to see if it becomes a yearly thing such as the regular flu vaccine. I’ll say this....and knock on wood.....I have been the healthiest and least sick during a winter as I’ve ever been. Haven’t had a cold, or sickness of any kind. I’m sure I will now though lol.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
finished my second dose back in january. i was pretty wore out after the second dose but that ended after a day. i did notice a few interesting side effects that lingered for a couple weeks but they went away eventually. well worth it to not bring home a virus to my family.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I agree with 1-Eye. My household went most of the year without any real bugs. Turns out you don't get sick often when you restrict your social circle so extremely. I was also laughing while listening to the Dispatch today about how we crushed the flu curve for the same reason.

Mid-may can't come soon enough. I really look forward to sharing dinner tables again. Hopefully enough people get the vaccines and data comes in that they work well against emerging variants. I'd love not to have to clamp down again next winter.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I feel "safer" NOT getting the vaccine. After all, it was passed off for "emergency" use without proper clinical trials from the FDA. It will be interesting to see what, if any side affects come from it in the coming years. So many law suits going after drug manufactures now days for harm and even death, from the use of drugs that have been through proper testing trials. Nice of the Government to put into law that if the COVID vaccine does harm organs or worse.... DEATH, that a suit will not be possible.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I feel "safer" NOT getting the vaccine. After all, it was passed off for "emergency" use without proper clinical trials from the FDA. It will be interesting to see what, if any side affects come from it in the coming years. So many law suits going after drug manufactures now days for harm and even death, from the use of drugs that have been through proper testing trials. Nice of the Government to put into law that if the COVID vaccine does harm organs or worse.... DEATH, that a suit will not be possible.
I mean we also don’t know the long term impacts of Covid, which has shown to majorly scar lungs even in individuals without symptoms. Getting the vaccine is anyone’s choice. But with the amount of things people willingly without question, myself included, pump themselves full of daily,I very much will take the chance on a vaccine.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Either way life will kill ya. You could wreck on the freeway tomorrow? You could suck a valve working in the garden?

By the way the next day after the 2nd vaccine. I was sacked out on the couch most the day. Other than that no aches or pains.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
After all you "Sheep" get vaccinated because the government told you to do it, I wont have to because the flock wont be able to spread the virus. LOL
There have always been, and always will be givers and takers in society. If being a giver rather than a taker makes me a sheep, then baaaah baaaaah! I will always look to give more than I take, no matter what.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'll happily get my second shot in a few weeks to help mitigate this virus and disease. I'm looking forward to the protection and benefits as well as protecting those more vulnerable than I.

"Freeloaders" exist during every vaccination campaign. And while I support bodily autonomy I do find it ironic when a solution exists to "end" this thing that many of those that cried the loudest about it's non-medical impacts of are choosing to not participate in said solution. It doesn't help that so much misinformation and misunderstanding about vaccinations is out there. But I can only really influence my household and small community of friends and family at the end of the day.

Stay safe and enjoy the summer. Hopefully we won't see enough freeloaders that ultimately harbor the virus through the autumn and lead to more variants and surges. I know I'd love to share a meal with my friends over Thanksgiving without this hanging over our heads again.

BAAH

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I'll happily get my second shot in a few weeks to help mitigate this virus and disease. I'm looking forward to the protection and benefits as well as protecting those more vulnerable than I.

"Freeloaders" exist during every vaccination campaign. And while I support bodily autonomy I do find it ironic when a solution exists to "end" this thing that many of those that cried the loudest about it's non-medical impacts of are choosing to not participate in said solution. It doesn't help that so much misinformation and misunderstanding about vaccinations is out there. But I can only really influence my household and small community of friends and family at the end of the day.

Stay safe and enjoy the summer. Hopefully we won't see enough freeloaders that ultimately harbor the virus through the autumn and lead to more variants and surges. I know I'd love to share a meal with my friends without this hanging over our heads again.

BAAH
Agreed, the beer I drink or the preservatives in most the food I eat every day is likely going to be of much bigger health consequences than this ever has a chance of being. Somethings going to kill all of us eventually.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My wife got her shot on Thursday. She did the one shot J+J. It was over her own objections. She is worried about possible side effects like crazy.
The problem is.......Her Mom is 92 and in the care center here in town. She had both her shots early in the rollout. The wife can't go see her unless she gets vaccinated. My MIL in driving the wife crazy to get the shot so she can see her. Wants the wife to come and get her for outings, etc. The qurarrentine has been hard on her and has she has slipped quite a bit. My wife decided that she could get the shot for her Mom. Doesn't want to end up feeling guilty or bad if something was to happen. My Dad is 87 and has struggled some as well. At least he has his wife to keep him company. I talk to him quite often as well.

It's a tough deal to make a choice on this mess.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts