Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.45 and I decided to get out on what may be the last warm weekend of the year and hit our all time favorite secret spot. It's been nearly 4 months since we've been there so we decided to give it one last shot for the year. It was a little overcast when we got there but the weather wasn't too bad at all, earlier in the year it was actually colder than it was this time. We fished there only 2 hours as we were hoping to get our toons out on the water after that but that didn't work out so well because the wind wasn't in our favor today.

The first two fish we nailed didn't even give us any notice that they had taken our bait, but the rest did. We caught nearly a dozen native Browns in the time we were there and not once caught anything under 17". I didn't take very many pictures as I was having too much fun fishing but I was able to get a few.

Luck was on .45's side today as he somehow managed to snag this serpent.

Just as we were about to leave I pulled in this awesome little Brown. He wasn't the biggest one we'd seen today but he sure had some color to him. I wanted a picture so badly that I ended up chasing .45 to the truck so I could get one and by the time I got there I was afraid too much time had passed that if I put him back in the water he wouldn't survive, anyway he ended up being the only one I took home. Can't wait to cook him up.

Sad to see the summer go but I'm glad we were able to get out and get at least one more good trip in before the cold weather takes over. There's always next year I guess.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Great lookin browns you guys! Good to see you got out there and nailed em one last time. Shouldnt have said that it was a secret spot tho... :wink: Some people have problems with that! Jk looks like a fun time, makes me wish I wasnt stuck indoors finishing a stupid basement.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nice browns, looks like a good day. I wish I didn't have to watch the kid all day all weekend. This is killing me. Your post didn't help. 45 looks like he is just waiting for the ice fishing to start.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
fatbass said:
Great stuff and good looking browns! That's the first shot of .45's face I ever saw. Shocking! :p :lol:
I'll bet that foulhooked brown fought like a 10 pounder. :)
Again...Thanks..I think... :wink:

All those fish fight very well !! After fishing for a few moments I heard a lot of splashing and thrashing in the water upstream...I thought it was that damned cougar trying to put the sneaks to us 'again' . Cougar tracks were all over the place like last time !!
I went upstream ready for hand to hand combat ( yeah right, run like hell ! ) and the whole river was full of Browns in spawn mode. Dozens of them !! Twisting and shaking in less than 5" of water. The fish Luckystrike is holding really had some 'good' colors, almost like a Tiger trout but without the design..guess I'd better take the bigger camera next time.... :) :)

And NO, Nibble Nuts, I'm not ready for ice fishing, it was just kinda cold this morning... _(O)_ _(O)_

·
Registered
348 Posts
Those are some awesome looking fish guys! Congradulations, and I really wouldn't be telling anyone about that spot. With only two hours of fishing time, and not a fish under 17", I don't know how you could have done any better. Congrats again.
FishGlyph said:
We're thinking of places to fish it up tomorrow in Florida. :p
You lucky SOB!!!! That's one of my dream fishing destinations, so I'm jealous as hell. I hope you get into some monster bass, or whatever you'll be fishing for, and we all expect a nice detailed post when you get back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts