Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will just put this right here...

I am surprised that this youtube video only has 22 views. I stumbled across it after watching another video related to public land disputes. In the video you get a pretty clear understanding of what SFW feels they have done for the state.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Don....Don....Don. Show me the deer! Show me the deer!, show me the deer? And then show me the tags to prove it.

SFDWR has reigned over the largest decline of mule deer, tags, and hunters since the turn of the last century. Real world merit is based on results, and being able to deliver those results, while understanding what it is that brings about those results. Not shifting the goal posts to making wildlife conservation and hunting about money, when you can't deliver on your 20 year old faided promises and rhetoric.

Of course fiefdoms and politics require none of that, which is what separates the boys from the men. Especially those boys that look up to men that they could never be.

Reactions: klbzdad

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E_bHWrD_SU

Just last week I saw a scene identical to this in the Jordan River. Except it was Elk, Deer, moose, Bison, Mountain Goats and Sheep. No Sage Grouse or Wolves in the river. No pesky fly fisherman in the water either.

Thanks SFW.

Love,

The Residents of Utah(AKA "The Serengeti of the West.")
Yeah, I think I saw that too, but I was high on mushrooms, so that may have been partly my perception........

I don't think that it is allot to ask, when I say show me the deer, and show me the deer tags. Hell, the last time deer populations started to tick up some a few years ago, they cut tags again.

I mean, if you are THE preeminent conservation organization, with a focus on such things, and have raised millions of dollars for that goal, you would think there would be some results in 20 years. Don't get me wrong there have been measurable results. And if you apply the rate of those results, in a per dollar amount to tag increases and declines over the last 20 years, it would be in the red with hundreds of thousands of dollars raised and spent for every tag that was CUT, not increased.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Is he saying there are buffalo in the Beaver Dam Wash?
Depends...........how much are you offering to peay him to say that?

Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
He forgot to mention the coyotes and the wild horses...
He might have a case if they could take credit for wild horses. Coyote hunting has sucked for quite a few years now.

I can see the promo vid now.....Cue the dramatic music and slo-mo intro........(Voice over by John Bair).."Feral Horses"......"Icons of the west"......."An SFW success story"........

20+ booths at the Expo with people lined up to get a chance to fill 3 freezers with meet, while trying to decide whether to do a full rug, or just leave the head on someone's porch.............

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Bax*, You may have been confused when you tried to apply actual logic to this statement. Like any rational intelligent human being, you figured he was not talking about a scene like in Kwalk3's video, because that is simply not the case, especially after 20 years of SFW "input".

This is probably why you tried to apply some rational thought to his statement, by wondering if maybe there was something more specific, something maybe we missed in the OP video. But no, Don was just dehydrated, sweating and red in the face, suffering from hyperthermia, because of all the Datura stramonium he had consumed. Which much like the mushrooms I consumed causes very vivid auditory and visual hallucinations.

Reactions: Catherder

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is there an emoji for me puking all over myself?

-O,-:tsk::blah::painkiller::sick::mad2::nono::wacko::yell::embarassed::flame::crutch::crazy:

Reactions: Kwalk3

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
-O,-:tsk::blah::painkiller::sick::mad2::nono::wacko::yell::embarassed::flame::crutch::crazy:
Oh....sorry....I should have warned you about that. Did you take the Jimson or the mushrooms?, it comes with both of them. Don't fight it, just go with it. After the nausea passes your skin will start to flush, and become very hot and red to the touch. Some people rip their cloths off and go mad at this point, but just try to maintain, and speak into the microphone. As the affects start to kick in further you will begin to see deer and antelope magically appear out of no where. As the effects wear on, you will begin to see elk, and moose, and maybe ptarmigan and leprechauns (everyone's trip is different).

You will then see hunters and tags to hunt everything, everywhere, as if they had never been cut and restricted. There will be big deer, small deer,(Spill the wine), hell one guy even saw doe and ewe tags, he was really $%^#$ up. Like I said, just relax as the veil is pulled back for you to see the real reality of the last 20 years of hunting in Utah.

Caution, like with taking your clothes off, don't chase anything, or climb anything. And I was just kidding about speaking into the microphone..........IT will speak into you........

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
You guys forgot about this one. :O>>:

But no, Don was just dehydrated, sweating and red in the face, suffering from hyperthermia, because of all the Datura stramonium he had consumed. Which much like the mushrooms I consumed causes very vivid auditory and visual hallucinations.
LOL, that reference triggered a neuron. I remember coming across and learning about Jimson weed back in the undergrad field biology days. The flowers sure are purty. (No I never partook.) I have to agree that the Don might have however, due to the described symptoms.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Oh....sorry....I should have warned you about that. Did you take the Jimson or the mushrooms?, it comes with both of them. Don't fight it, just go with it. After the nausea passes your skin will start to flush, and become very hot and red to the touch. Some people rip their cloths off and go mad at this point, but just try to maintain, and speak into the microphone. As the affects start to kick in further you will begin to see deer and antelope magically appear out of no where. As the effects wear on, you will begin to see elk, and moose, and maybe ptarmigan and leprechauns and cash (everyone's trip is different).
Fixed it for ya. ;-)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don....Don....Don. Show me the deer! Show me the deer!, show me the deer? And then show me the tags to prove it.

SFDWR has reigned over the largest decline of mule deer, tags, and hunters since the turn of the last century. Real world merit is based on results, and being able to deliver those results, while understanding what it is that brings about those results. Not shifting the goal posts to making wildlife conservation and hunting about money, when you can't deliver on your 20 year old faided promises and rhetoric.

Of course fiefdoms and politics require none of that, which is what separates the boys from the men. Especially those boys that look up to men that they could never be.
The message that I took away from the short video is what message the SFW is sending to people now. It isn't "look at all the deer tags we offer" it's "when I started hunting all we could hunt was deer" Now in Utah we have more "opportunity" to hunt more animals than ever before. By describing it as the "Serengeti of the West" there are more diverse animal species in Utah than ever before according to SFW. Most hunters want to hear "you can now hunt more than ever" meaning you can get more tags to hunt than ever before. Instead of "you can hunt more species than ever before" I think that is the distinction that SFW feels is resonating with people. By saying "look how many people show up to the expo" they like the work that we are doing. People want an opportunity to hunt Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep more than they are interested in having lots and lots of general deer tags in Utah.

I think it's a pretty arrogant assumption that the majority of people would rather hunt once in 20 years for the right species than once a year for 20 years if possible.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Good point, let me amend that for the SFW guys. Show me the Provo Peak bighorn tags!, show me the Pilot peak bighorn tags!, show me the Goslin mountain bighorn tags, show me the..........it seems like I am missing one......oh well.......

Along these very lines though, what does everyone think about putting a squirrel slam together. We could split it out into two categories, tree and ground squirrels, with a special archery classification, unit based of course??

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The message that I took away from the short video is what message the SFW is sending to people now. It isn't "look at all the deer tags we offer" it's "when I started hunting all we could hunt was deer" Now in Utah we have more "opportunity" to hunt more animals than ever before. By describing it as the "Serengeti of the West" there are more diverse animal species in Utah than ever before according to SFW. Most hunters want to hear "you can now hunt more than ever" meaning you can get more tags to hunt than ever before. Instead of "you can hunt more species than ever before" I think that is the distinction that SFW feels is resonating with people. By saying "look how many people show up to the expo" they like the work that we are doing. People want an opportunity to hunt Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep more than they are interested in having lots and lots of general deer tags in Utah.

I think it's a pretty arrogant assumption that the majority of people would rather hunt once in 20 years for the right species than once a year for 20 years if possible.
Excellent post! I'm happy to see that more of you are catching on. It's simple! There's no money or leverage for them in the general deer (and elk and turkey,) tags and that's paramount to all their proposals, debates, philosophies, tactics, and actions. They're like pickpockets. Sometimes they work in pairs or teams and sometimes they work alone, but they always try to keep the focus on the things the right hand is doing while ever so slowly picking your pockets with the left. I've seen that in almost every meeting or encounter with them I've been involved in, including here on the internet. Sometimes the right hand is doing something good, but when shaking your hand and/or slapping you or themselves on the back doesn't work, they turn to obscene gestures and name calling to distract you. But, make no mistake, they're still picking your pocket any way they can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts