Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it is the wind or you all have been having too much fun arguing about guns or discussing guys who love to cow elk hunt TOOO much, but we haven't had a report posting here for a week. Lets fix that, although it wasn't earth shattering. This afternoon, I took the float tube out for a shake down cruise. No problems there. Went to Rock Cliffs at Jordanelle. I have heard folks ask if the the ramp there is usable. The lake peaked at 78% full recently. This is what 78% will get you for launching.

Sky Plant Plant community Mountain Automotive tire

No problem for the float contingent, so away we go.

It was slow for a while, with little action and some visits from friends.

Water Bird Plant Water resources Lake

There were a pair of bald eagles up there as well as the ospreys and waterfowl. Never dull that way. After a while I found some warmer water and had some tugs from some small to medium sized smallies. The fish at least appear to be in decent shape.

Hand Gesture Computer keyboard Fisherman Watch

Water Vertebrate Fluid Fish Fin

Also caught 2 nice rainbow trout for my efforts.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Dang....The bass seem to be getting smaller. Years ago (10) I remember seeing 6-8 ponders being posted.

Thank you for diverting my focus from weapons to the great outdoor world. (y)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did Try the fly rod?
Not this time, I just used gear. I mainly wanted to put the tube through its paces and I was a little short on time. I might go back next week and will have it with me then.

Dang....The bass seem to be getting smaller. Years ago (10) I remember seeing 6-8 ponders being posted.
Unfortunately, that is the case. It fluctuates some from year to year, but the really big ones haven't been around in numbers for about 10 years. Lots of little ones and a few decent fish to keep me coming back.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Congrats & jealous. Between wind and big house projects I haven't been fishing since my Fishlake trip. I've had to live vicariously through others. Granted we did do a rare traditional vacation but I couldn't find a sub forum here for toddlers swimming in resort pools or postings of movie watching after margarita buzzes.

Glad Jordanelle recovered some. Hopefully this wave of storms (monsoon?) helps our fisheries out! Hopefully you can get the tube out plenty this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts