Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll brag a bit. Her 4th deer went down tonight at the very young age of 15! Just turned on 10/2.

Just look at that shot she made!

Ya I’m **** proud of her. She is very composed and patient when taking aim on a buck for just turning 15. I remember being a buck fever spazz in my teens and just firing away like ww3 until I was out of bullets.

But she just calmly put him in her scope at 175 yards and I had it in my binoculars and she just waited until it was perfectly broadside and then pumped a round through both lungs.

Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Smile Plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! She is an absolute joy to hunt with and teach the ropes. One thing I want to share about her is that she is free spirit and beats to the tune of her own drum. For example, ever since I started taking her well before she was old enough to shoot her own she would always call the deer we saw our deer friends. This always gave me pause as I wondered how she would feel about shooting one of our friends when she was old enough. Well last night we saw around 20 deer before she shot her buck and she spotted about 50% of them before me. Each time saying “look dad there’s some deer friends” or “hey look over there dad more deer friends” Then as soon as we find one for her to shoot she goes right into stone cold killer mode!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Congrats man! That's the good stuff in life and about this forum right there. Safe to say she's had a pretty good hunting mentor too. Well done all around.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats man! That's the good stuff in life and about this forum right there. Safe to say she's had a pretty good hunting mentor too. Well done all around.
Thanks buddy. Sorry, it got dark quick and somehow I missed your number when I sent her kill pic to my entire contact list right after she dropped him.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's so awesome! Congratulations on being so lucky as to have a beautiful young lady that still wants to hunt with the old man! I love that rifle stock also. Can you share what it is? I'm currently building a rifle for my grand daughter who is 8. I'm a couple years early I know but figured I'd do it now. She has a pink Red Rider that she loves to shoot.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's so awesome! Congratulations on being so lucky as to have a beautiful young lady that still wants to hunt with the old man! I love that rifle stock also. Can you share what it is? I'm currently building a rifle for my grand daughter who is 8. I'm a couple years early I know but figured I'd do it now. She has a pink Red Rider that she loves to shoot.
Thanks! It’s the girl hunter special (jk,it’s not really called that)in pink and purple camo Savage Axis .243. Her poppa picked it up for her at smith and edwards a couple years ago and she loves it and shoots it well. I need to upgrade the scope at some point. Cheap weaver scope that I hate but she doesn’t complain and gets results with it so maybe next year I’ll upgrade it for her.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That’s awesome man! My oldest som will be old enough to hunt big game next year, hopefully we can get him some tags!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Awesome! I can tell you really love taking her hunting and that is great to see. In a week and a couple days my wife and I will be accompanying my sister in law and grandfather in law on the rifle deer opener. Sis in law is the lone tag holder. It's always fun hunting with family on traditional hunts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Atta girl!!! And kudos to you Dad!!! Nothing better than hunting with your kids! Or your wife! Or your elderly parents! I get way more excited helping them all than I do when I have the tag. Tell that little lady I think she's awesome!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts