Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I figure it's pretty straightforward, but it doesn't hurt to bring it up:

So I'm leaving the duck hunting world for a couple years on a mission. I'm leaving in 3 weeks and I have some shells I need to burn. All I'm looking for is a good hunt before I leave. Now before I get the lectures on how I should scout, I've hiked about 10 miles within the last week on 3 scouting trips. I found a good spot for mallards, thing is though, not the best idea to be going by myself. If anybody needs a hunting buddy in the next few weeks, I'm available basically every day but Sunday...and if anybody was feeling quite generous in sharing a spot for some bald plates, it's a big goal of mine to drop one. In a perfect world, I'd kill my first goose before leaving on my mission...but maybe things aren't that great. All in all, if anybody needs someone to help them pick up some decoys, I'm available! :lol:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'd take you to two spots I know of for Wigeon if you had a boat... but I am done hunting until after Thanksgiving. When do you leave?? If its before then, I'll give you a spot or two to go for baldpates to think about for two years.... then if you remember when you get back, I'll go hunt with you. I should still be around then.... just don't try to convert me. I should change my name to Jack.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't leave until December 5 - and don't worry, I don't take my Book of Mormon duck hunting :lol:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Where are you going?
You don't take your BOM with you hunting....yet. Just wait Rat, he'll be all over you in a couple of years to "bring you back into the fold"! :wink:

Good luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm headed to Belgium and The Netherlands. And after seeing all of Rat's avatars, I've just counted him as a "lost soul" anyway...

jk riverrat, best of feelings toward ya "brother" :lol:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
hairy1 said:
RR77 is a non-conformist...If everyone was athiest he would be the guy in church every week. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now thats an angle they haven't played on me yet... good one. :lol: I'm just kidding about that avidhunter.... maybe we can throw one together before you have to leave. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts