Utah Wildlife Forum banner

When you go into a store do you take a shopping cart with you?

• No

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Never

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Are you crazy?

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Nada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would but I'd be taken someone's job away from them.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I pick up litter in the parking lot instead.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No, I drop one off on the way out.

Votes: 8 34.8%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
21,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when you go into a big box store do you take a shopping cart off the parking lot and take it into the store?

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I like the ones that are like race cars. They're really fun to ride in and drive with the little steering wheels. I get a lot of strange looks though, I just don't understand

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
I always do. That way it gives me a way to test the wheels before I get to the inside rack in case it has a clunk in one of the wheels. If it does I trade it for a different cart. There's nothing that bugs me more than having a clunky wheel on my card. Clunk, clunk, clunk all through the store. Drives me crazy. :wacko:

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
I usually do and then feel ok leaving it right where I found it still not put in teh corral. Packing around an infant in her seat gets heavy.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
All the time. In fact, I grab all the strays along the way into the store. There have been times I've ended up dragging half dozen carts by the time I hit the front door.

Reactions: wyogoob

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'll usually take one with me, and/or move they stray carts to the corral. I never thought about my actions hurting the job security of the cart fetcher guys...

What a jerk I am!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I do when I remember that I need a cart; half the time I'm down the isle when I realize I need one and then have to go find one. But ya, at home depot I generally grab the first one I see and take it in with me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I go without my wife, I don't think I need a cart or a basket. Then I end up looking like an idiot for having my arms completely full and dropping stuff all the way to the register....
I can relate to that. Just recently I decided to always get a shopping cart whether I think I'll need it or not. More times than not I end up being glad I have it.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
After spending 36 years in the grocery bizz, I can't help myself.
I bring a cart in with me if I walk by one.
Old habits die hard.

I love the comment about about straightening the meat case.
The wife hates that I face and straighten shelves when we are in stores.
I can't help myself, should probably seek help.......:mrgreen:

But, I do NOT miss being in that business at ALL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts