Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been up the Shoreline trail yet? I went up Tuesday. Great hike. Wonder if anyone has done so as well. Opinions? Ideas?

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Where is the shoreline trail ? I'm a little to the north and there is a trail the runs up behind the Davis County shooting range. Makes me a little nervouse to see hikers and bikers on it when people are banging away. For some reason they don't stop and I know they can see and hear the shots. Is this where you are talking about ??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that's the mouth of Bear Cyn. I used to live about 400 yds from that gun range. Shoreline is up emigration.
It is disconcerting, and we usually had a cease fire when hikers came through. Been several years, though.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Great trail, but it's too bad there aren't more access points, something more like what Sandy has developed. I haven't seen the master plan, though. Do you know if there's any plan for better access in the future?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Access points are more easily found further up the canyon (Emigration). While I haven't followed some of them all the way through, many of the other trails converge on Shoreline further up. If I recall correctly, the Pipeline trail also converges half-way up. I may have to look into this further, but I do believe most of the trails up the North side of the road do converge with Shoreline. A lot of the trails are of no use for hunting unless you hoof it for a few miles- too populated. I'll be going up there after cow elk next week or two. If I find some other trails, I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Thanks. And good luck to you on the cow elk. My arthritic feet are swollen and aching this morning, so there's snow on the way and that's a good thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts