Utah Wildlife Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I probably

$1.80 a pull is some harsh Koolaid to swallow for a duck!
Nah! It all depends on how much you love the sport. Duck hunting is the very highest thing on my passion list. I'll do whatever it takes - until I can't. ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
$45 for box of duck loads? I’m sure they work, but no thank you. Might as well just get bent over a barrel than take that…

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I haven't paid over $5 a box for 20 gauge Xperts or Dryloks in 3 years. Clearance prices at Wally World are hard to beat. The problem is there weren't any shells left after last season to go on clearance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am in the same boat as you FM.
At my Walmart today I did buy AA’s in 28 gauge and the last two boxes of Remington 7.5’s in 20 gauge, but they were lead.
Last week in Idaho I found my favorite duck/goose load, 2.75” steel fours.
But they only had two boxes.
They bent me over at $14.99/box and I took it….
I hope your prediction is right and 20 gauge shows up soon.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Stopped by Scheels and Sportsmans today. Its slim pickings out there. I feel fortunate to have the shells on hand that I have.

I can't imagine the financial loss in sales these companies (especially Roger's) are going through without ammo sales.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
They had quite a few boxes (maybe 14-15) of Xpert 2.75", 1 and 1/16 oz. steel 4s at the Payson Walmart on Sat. $11.50 / box. Almost bought some then decided to hold off. I still think ammo will become more readily available / cheaper sooner than later. Of course, I thought COVID would drag home prices down too...

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
They had quite a few boxes (maybe 14-15) of Xpert 2.75", 1 and 1/16 oz. steel 4s at the Payson Walmart on Sat. $11.50 / box. Almost bought some then decided to hold off. I still think ammo will become more readily available / cheaper sooner than later. Of course, I thought COVID would drag home prices down too...
I saw some of those too. I passed on them as well. I'm impatiently waiting for 20 gauge shells to hit the Walmart shelves. I'm not paying the ridiculous prices that the Sporting Goods stores are nailing people with.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts