Utah Wildlife Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
How did you do out there today? I was just pulling in as you were leaving.
It was my first trip out. I mostly went to figure out all the things I forgot to throw in the boat. I forgot my spinner which would have been beneficial today, forgot my hoodie, forgot rope to tie off boat and a few other things. Next trip I should be better prepared. I got out there at 11:15 and headed in at 2:00. I shot 2 ducks. How did you finish out?

·
Registered
239 Posts
First trip of the year for me as well. I just walked the dike south from the lot to look around. It stared raining around 4:00 I thought for sure that would at least get the teal up and moving but no such luck I didn't even fire a shot.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
First trip of the year for me as well. I just walked the dike south from the lot to look around. It stared raining around 4:00 I thought for sure that would at least get the teal up and moving but no such luck I didn't even fire a shot.
If you see me up there again and want a boat hunt jump in.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have 490 rounds of various steel shot for my 12GA, out of that, 150 rounds are upland game but can be used for waterfowl in a pinch.

for 20GA, which is what the wife and boy shoots, I have about 50. If anyone finds some, please let me know!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I found 3 boxes of Winchester 2 3/4" #6 20 gauge
steel shot this morning at Wally World. I left them there for someone else.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have 490 rounds of various steel shot for my 12GA, out of that, 150 rounds are upland game but can be used for waterfowl in a pinch.

for 20GA, which is what the wife and boy shoots, I have about 50. If anyone finds some, please let me know!
Ray - I have a box of 3" 3s and a box of 2 3/4" 4 steel if you want them. Sounds like you are down to the barest of minimums 😬

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Ray-
Ok - this is what I actually have:
3" Black Cloud FS Steel #4s (1350 FPS, 1 oz) - 18 shells
3" Hevi Steel #2s (1400 FPS, 7/8 oz) - 21 shells
2.75" Drylock 4s - 12 shells

i think they cost me roughly $15/ box. Wanna do $30 for all?

Reactions: Ray
101 - 120 of 124 Posts