Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 10/22 and I have a scope on it. My question is when I sight in the scope do I put it on its highest setting or does it matter.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Shouldn't matter what power you have your scope set on, but you will most likely shoot better at higher power.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
If you have a cheap scope it is not a bad idea to shoot it at all of the settings to see if the point of impact shifts. In fact, it's not a bad idea to do that with an expensive scope either.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Loke said:
If you have a cheap scope it is not a bad idea to shoot it at all of the settings to see if the point of impact shifts. In fact, it's not a bad idea to do that with an expensive scope either.
+1

And remember to stay with the same ammo. Changing ammo will change point of impact.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
+1
And remember to stay with the same ammo. Changing ammo will change point of impact.
That's good advice Al !! I've always been told to sight a scope in a low setting, I don't understand the reasoning, but that is what I've always done.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Middle of the range for me. Then max setting after I feel it's tuned-in. Many scopes at highest setting have parallax error problems..........are fussy about how your eyes or head is oriented towards the eyepiece, how, or if, your cheek is on the stock cheekpad.

My 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts