Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I set the fishing pole down and grabbed the 12 gauge today. There was a little cold front that pushed through from 10;15 to 11:45 making for a fun morning. There should be 7 ducks in the photo, but we won’t talk about that.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Its funny how when you're used to swinging a 20. The big 12 is slow, sluggish and swings like a 2x4. ;)
For sure! And I am very right handed, but I’m forced to shoot left handed because of my right eye issues. That makes it more difficult with a heavy 12 gauge. I do much better with the 20 left handed.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Glad u got some shooting in Rob. I went out yesterday thinking that little front would push some birds around...and could not have been more wrong. When we got setup, there was absolutely no rain and no wind. Hunted till 11:15 and called it a morning. Had a total of one spoonie decoy that my friend missed. Very little in the way of bird movement overall.

We did salvage the hunt somewhat with this bull Can. He was lightly winged by another group and dropped 300 yards from our setup. They tried to get him in their boat, but he gave them the slip, and then swam over to our decoys. When 50 yds out, he started to veer off (doing what other ducks did all morning...not sure what they didn't like...maybe the swan dekes?), so we swatted him on the water, but that turned into a 125 yard chase. I need a dog!!
Wood Sculpture Art Formation Trunk
FB mud sucks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts