Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake has been pretty slow for me these last couple weeks. today was no exeption. other than we finally limited out. mostly teal with a few spoonies and a buffy, i also got another scaup but this one was big i think it might be a greater scaup it was the size of a hen widgeon! but it was good to be out on the big ol' pond again :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tealboy - Can you use the words "Slow" and "Limited out" in the same post?? :lol: :lol:

You still hunting FB?

Glad you found some birds.

We had a "Slow" day as well - Took us about 2 hours.... :twisted:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like fun times boys! Slow still beats being at work right?

Spooner, you can use limit and slow in the same sentence, just like you can use "Carp/UTSprig" and "normal" in the same phrase. You may put the words together, but it doesn't mean that it's true :D

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Had a slow day also on the south end.... could have had a quick limit of Spoonies but held out for teal and it wound up costing me. Still got six birds between two of us and I'm ok with that because I only shot the one spoonie and a couple teal..... god, I need to get a layout of some sort going.... they spook pretty bad after a while of getting nailed from the shoreline.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spooner nice "slow" day! :D yeah we were out at fb on the tip of the sand bar way west. tons of birds but they were sure weary. it took us about 6 hours but with poor shooting we should have been done in 4. we set up early(8:30) but the birds didn't start flying good until around noon. hey sprig good to hear from ya! we need to get carp and ryan out for a hunt this year!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The duck flights have sure been slow this weekend compared to the usual, I hope we get some weather soon. I still managed to get a few birds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts