Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Nice collection!

I haven't found a "small game" worth the price of an arrow for awhile. Seems like I broke an arrow every time I shot a small game head with a compound. It's the only reason "Trad" archery even appeals to me is the fact you can get away with it without a huge loss of arrows.

Although now I think about it I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of old XX75's somewhere I could donate to the cause.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I prefer an all carbon, flue flue with a screw in 85 grain rubber blunt. Anything else ends up in the next county on the skip. I also have a lot of aluminum shafts, but they bend quite easily and they are heavy. Aluminum gets my vote for "can" arrows but not for longevity.

·
Super Moderator
9,800 Posts
And here I thought that we were going to talk about how many points it was going to take to draw a tag to take small game.

I just used a old aluminum arrow with a judo point and flue flue fletching.

One year I knocked 2 duskey's out of a tree with it but that third shot missed and lodged up in the tree. I tried everything that I could to get that arrow down. I went back to the same location the next year and it was still sitting up in that tree, that florescent fletching stood out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I honestly opened this thread expecting a proposal about creating small game units and requiring hunters to apply for those areas and accrue points for highly desirable areas. :)

I've killed a few rabbits and a gopher with the spring-loaded judos in the old days (maybe 6th from the left in your picture). But like others said, I just can't seem to force myself to risk losing a $10 arrow for a grouse or rabbit nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts