Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today to take a "me" day. I hit one of my favorite small streams for some browns...and actually wound up completing the "trifecta" for this stream. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how the day turned out. It was supposed to be a cast and blast... but the grouse forgot they'd been invited. :lol: Oh well.... I started off forgetting my camera at the truck so my first large brown and an exceptional rainbow were only photographed in my memory. I went back to the truck and actually went fishless for a while... then I figured out what the trick was and things began to work. I stopped fishing for a bit and walked some aspen hillsides for grouse, finding none. What I did find though was much cooler to me. I saw a pile of bones... and on closer inspection, found a perfectly preserved 4x4 skull plate. I don't know if it was this years or not... but it still had hair around the base of the antlers. Anyway... I know you're supposed to tag it.... but I didn't. If anyone was hunting deer in the Diamond Fork/Hobble Creek area, shot a deer and lost it and you can tell me exactly what the rack looks like, I've got it for you to claim. 8) I'll give it a week or two and then I'm going to hang it. Anyway, caught some gorgeous browns, cutts and bows and figured out that I really like the "macro" feature on Wendy's new camera. :lol: Not quite Quills work, but good fun for me. Enjoy......

The first brown.

Nice long brown.... so gorgeous... I could never get tired of the pink spots.

Little cutthroat.... hey, it counts towards the trifecta. :D

My dog wondering why I'm having a dry spell.

Had to go old school to finish out the day.... first time my minnows have let me down... but I figure its because the holes and fish got smaller so minnows were not usually the main course for these guys.

The second fat rainbow of the day.... wild baby!!!

Sad statement about our water situation... here's a beaver dam where there's only a trickle of spring water.... kinda odd.

Sure hard to follow Casey's post.... but this is all I've got. It was good to get out again... its been since summer that I've hit a stream to catch fish.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That looks like a great day. 8)

You have to put it all in perspective about a day of fishing. It isn't always about catching a 15 pounder. (some times it needs to be) I love my days on our small local creeks. Also I bet you were the only one there and you got to love that.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Nice job. Good lookin' pics, too. I love staring at little cutts from running water. Gorgeous.

As usual, nice browns. Pretty sweet wild bow, too.

The most important part is that you got to realize what you've been missing, lately. :p

Glad you got a "me" day.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That looks like a great time. Those are some nice browns. I cannot figure how you guys can fish those blue foxes in the streams without snagging the rocks. The few times I've tried, I last about one to two casts, then I lose my lure. Cool dog too. Same coloration as my dog, only my dog is not social enough to go fishing with me.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Good on ya Bud. :D I'm glad it turned out so good for ya. You probably have the same feeling as I do when I find a nice buck that way. It's sad to see a beautiful buck go to wast that way but I know it can happen to any hunter - to lose one. Sad. :( Anyway, I should have gone with ya. You are absolutely right!!! We need to wait till freeze up out there. :x Nothing. Did catch a lot of little bass where you park to walk into the lake to the S.
Leaky

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Small water is always fun to get out on, and it looks like you were working the hardware like a champ! Getting out alone and fishing small water is something I need to do more of, sometimes a 14" fish from small water is a trophy! Good job getting out and enjoying the strange weather we are having is it September or November?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Great fish, thanks for sharing... Sometimes its all about the environment we are surrounded by. There is nothing better than floating in a lake or standing on a stream side and realizing that you are completely alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts