Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just making a statement here I suppose but I more or less "processed' my first deer just now. It was fun and I certainly have a lot to learn. Anyway I was super excited to make some sausage. I bought the High Mountain sausage seasoning in Prairie sage breakfast sausage and Italian. I don't know how I did as I haven't cooked it yet. I am curious what everyone's "go to" recipe is for deer sausage? I kinda prefer my breakfast sausage to have a little kick.

Cheddar.

·
Administrator
21,440 Posts
It's a tough crowd Mr.Cheddar.

I don't have a favorite deer sausage; they're all good.

Hey, any pictures of your snausages?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Does that count as solicitation?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm pretty new to sausages. If I ever get another game animal I'm going to try out some of the recipes on this site. Till now, I've always used the Hi-Mountain with great success. (meaning everyone I've ever fed them to has love them.)

I will say however, that I was not a fan of the breakfast sausage. Not sure if I got an old spice pack or what, but it seemed bland to me. The nice thing is that if you like the base flavor you can still add to them to fit your taste. I do that with the Italian by adding a healthy dose of cayenne and red pepper flakes.

And I'm with Goob, solicitation or not, post up some pictures. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts